Sunday, November 14, 2010

NaBloPoMo

Today is November 14th. I have kept up with the NaBloPoMo. I still have 16 more days to go. I don't know if this is such a good idea.

Who came up with this idea? What are they hoping to accomplish, and I know, gets people writing, blah, blah, blah, holds you accountable, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. At this point all I think that I am accomplishing is annoying myself and others.

Let's face it, I am just not that interesting. Oh I can fake it for a post or two a week, but everyday?

I would love to be all like, well this weekend we took the kids to the Children's Hands on Museum where they learned how to make a spaceship out of macaroni noodles and then we walked over to the planetarium and learned about the stars. After which we ate an all organic meal consisting mostly of fruits, veggies and free range chickens. Then we came home and watched a documentary on llamas (watch out, they spit).

But the truth is a little closer to we sat around the house, drove the Teenager to her numerous social obligations, took the babies to a birthday party (super fun) fed them Wendy's on the way home so they would stay awake, therefore insuring that they would nap and give us a couple quiet afternoon hours, while I watched Some Kind of Wonderful w/ the kids because I wouldn't want to deprive them of their 80's movie education.

The kids played video games and on the computer for hours and hours (by the way Zoobles have their very own website! Yeah!) We took the kids to Meijer and let them pick out some new toys (I know that X-mas is like a month away, and?) On the way home we stopped and got McDonalds, have I mentioned that Maximus's first word was "frenchfrieschicken"? And to top off the weekend we watched A LOT of football, which is kind of crazy because only one of us in the house even likes to watch football.

I think the point here has been made. Not interesting, annoying and unfortunately still committed to finishing out this stupid NaBloPoMo.

In my defense, this wasn't my idea. Please send your hate mail to:

Brightidea@ican'tbelievei'mreadingthis.com

'til next time (which will be tomorrow)

me

No comments:

Post a Comment