Friday, November 6, 2009

Family Friday

It's been a while since I have done a kiddo update so I thought, hey why not?



The Teenager
She is becoming such a young adult. I swear that everyday I look at her she changes more and more. She is such a driven soul. She works hard at everything that she does and refuses to back down from a challenge. She just took up volleyball for the first time and is having a good time with that and of course soccer.

The Boy
The Boy is really starting to work it out this year. In the last few weeks he has really stepped up and is starting to take on the responsibility for his schooling, I am pretty damn proud! Also he is just so funny. He has the ability to crack some of the best jokes. His timing is great. And how he remembers all sorts of lines from movies simply amazes me.

Drama
The name just says it all. His emotions just run so close to the surface. You never know what he is going to do next. But he just love, love, loves me with all his heart which is something every mother needs. He is doing AWESOME in school. His teacher says that it is a challenge to keep up with him because he is so smart. It really enforces the decision to put him in the young five class a few years ago!

The Diva
She used to be The Princess but lately I don't think that fits. Diva is a much better description. She has really developed a strong personality. Cute as a button and stubborn as a mule. This girl knows what she wants and she is determined to get it. I think we are all in trouble in a couple of years! She is having a great year at dance and their first number is going to be a little MJ, Billie Jean!

Miss E
I think this one is gonna be another strong woman. The boys in this family better watch out. And she is smart, smart as a whip (why do people say that anyway, smart as a whip? Huh). She can sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star as clear as day and count to 10 and her vocabulary is amazing. Oh and she is fabulous at coloring on my walls. True talent there!


Mister Man
Now I say this with much love and adore but this child is a little ball of destruction! If it can be broken, he will brake it, if it can be thrown, he will throw it. If it can be spilled he will spill it. I think you see where this is going. He is for sure a high maintenance child! He loves to be held and cuddled and is still very much trying to find his place as the baby of the family. If he is unhappy he doesn't hesitate to let you know. But the belly laugh on him, oh it is priceless! And the giggles, so sweet. He has taken off know and will walk and TRY to run everywhere. He is the reason baby gates were invented!! But when he sticks that thumb in his mouth and lays his head on my shoulder all is right in the world!

'til next time
me

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! What a great post! I love to hear how well the kids are doing. All of them, not just the Ethiopian ones! Wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos are so darling--and growing up so fast! Too cute!

    Our little Sam (22 months now) is our little fireball, he thinks he is as big as the other kids! Keeps me on my toes, that one.

    ReplyDelete