Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies





Finally a project in the kitchen that turned out! And were so yummy! I brought these to Lainie's Christmas party at dance and I think the adults liked them as much as the kids!

Recipe:
boxed or homemade brownie mix
mini muffin tin
strawberries
2 cups of white chocolate chips

Instructions:
Prepare and cook brownies (according to package) in mini muffin tin
I love to use my mini scoop from Pampered Chef. Perfect for filling all the little spots.
I believe my brownies took about 11 min. @ 350 degrees
Let the brownies cool
clean the strawberries and cut off the stems
place the strawberries upside down on the brownies, smaller ones work best!
melt the white chocolate chips most recipes call for using a double boiler for this but I am just not that good so I microwaved them. Watching them carefully and stirring every minute or so until done (about 4 minutes)
Then quickly place the melted chocolate in a frosting bag and pipe the around the outside of the brownie and a quick tip on the top!
And done! Cute little Santa Hats!

A word of caution, PLEASE if you decided to go the microwave method with the white chocolate chips, be sure to use a microwave safe bowl, and check every minute or so. Benefit from my mistakes otherwise you too could could have a smelly gooey mess and a ruined bowl. It's not pretty, not at all.

'til next time,

me








No comments:

Post a Comment