Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Shoes



Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 14 (Narrow) Men's Running ShoeToday Bri and I went out and had our feet fit for new running shoes.  Bri said that his shoes were fine, except for, ooops, his shoes were literally blown out on the sides.  So I insisted!  The last thing we all need is for him to hurt himself.  At the store he tried on a few pairs and found one that he liked.  The Nike Zoom Structure +14.  He was relatively easy and only tried on a couple of pairs and ended up getting the first pair that he tried on.  On our way out of the store he did make the comment  that he  didn't realize how uncomfortable the other shoes were until he put the new ones on."  Uh-duh!

 Then came me, I had gotten fit for a pair of shoes months ago and really never liked them, of course I didn't realize it until it was too late to take them back, but they just always felt big and clunky, sort of heavy.  And lately, when I try to run/walk I have been getting bad cramps in my arches.  Back to the drawing board.

I had really been drawn to all the new types of minimalist shoes but alas my wide, fat feet will not fit in them.  So after trying on about 8 different pairs of shoes,  I finally settled on the Brooks DYAD6.   They are much lighter than my last shoe and the arch support isn't as aggressive, also the back of the shoe is lower and not as annoying on my achilles.

We will see how we do tomorrow!  I fully expect to be able to run my 5k now that I have these shoes.  Ok, maybe not but it would be nice to beat my sad little record.  I will like to hit 2 miles in 30 minutes.

'til next time,

me


No comments:

Post a Comment