Monday, November 21, 2011

Our Version



Sometimes because we have a larger than average family we have to adapt things to fit us. Even a $5 footlong @ Sub*way can be expensive if you multiply it by 8.

Yesterday Kieran came up with this idea that I thought was pretty genius and now we have our version.... which we have named Ki's Pizza Subs.

The ingredients:
12 hotdog buns
pizza sauce
pepperoni
salami
mozzarella cheese
(Alainna added banana peppers to hers)

I pulled open the buns slathered on some pizza sauce, topped that with the salami and pepperoni and then some good old mozzarella. I stuck them in the oven @ 450 for 4 mins. and served them up with some cucumbers and carrots!

Outcome:
A big win all around!! The kids loved it and so did I, especially with our schedule, having something fun and easy to throw together on those crazy days will definitely come in handy!

'til next time
me



No comments:

Post a Comment